

Here is the labor & delivery story:
On Tuesday, I woke up at about 3:30am to some heavy menstrual cramps. The ladies with endo would consider this pain fairly normal and would grab the meds to get through the day/night.
I started watching the clock in bed and realized that the cramps were stopping and starting. Cool! Contractions!
At this point I headed downstairs to start the online contraction timer, Contraction Master (highly reccomend the website for the preggos out there). The contractions were not what I considered regular. They were about 10, 14, 9, minutes apart.
At about 6:30am I went to use the restroom and discovered that I was bleeding red. This is what the doc told me was one of the signs to go right to the hospital. I ran upstairs to tell the hubby that it was time to go.
We arrived on the Labor and Delivery floor at 7:30am where we met nurse Michelle. She put me in the room where they monitor preggos to make sure they can be admitted. Michelle checked me and told me I was at 3cm. I was staying and having a baby TODAY, at least by TONIGHT. WOW.
I was wheeled in to the labor room where my fantastic nurse ordered me some toast so I could power through labor with some energy. She called the doc, he was returning from LAX. He had another patient in labor in the room next door to me.
Once the doc showed up, he checked me and I was at 5cm. At this point my nurse advised me to get my epidural. They had a c-section scheduled at noon and wanted to make sure that I was not in any pain. Let me just say, once I arrived at the hospital my contraction pains were not as painful. Not sure why, but I think it is because I was where I needed to be.
To be continued...
Kiddo is hungry.
I can't wait to read the rest of your story.
ReplyDelete