Monday, March 30, 2009

Update and a Poll!

Week 9

I'm sleepy all the time!

I eat about normal. I'm just tire all day long, which is normal so I hear. The street sign is to warn drivers of children playing and not to run them over with your 1977 Soviet-built Lada, you may dent your Lada.

Not too much going on. Work. Sleep. Eat. Work.

I'll see the doc again on Aprl 17th for another ultrasound.

Poll: When the time comes do we want to know if it's a boy a girl?

My husband votes for keeping it a surprise. I lean towards knowing. Please comment!

9 comments:

  1. We STRONGLY vote for keeping the sex of the baby a surprise! A mentor of Phil's who is a father of two, told us something another older football coach told him..."There are only a few surprises left in life, keep that as one of them." It will be more amazing if you wait and when your baby is born, Jesse can announce the new addition to your family. Everyone who wants to know ahead of time always talks about needing to prepare but you can "prepare" either way. You love your baby regardless of the sex and when you find out the sex.

    KEEP IT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love, Sandra, Phil, & Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree w/PP. As IFers, we kinda get robbed of the surprise of finding out when we're pg. I mean, I'm sure the BFP is still a shock after all the neg, but it's sooo planned! I think it takes some of the fun out of it.

    When we first started TTC, I was totally for finding out the sex. Now, I'd just be happy to know I had a baby growing in me & let the sex be a surprise.

    BTW- u/s CAN be wrong! I have friends who got lots of pink stuff because the u/s said girl. Then Joey was born & def a BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Steph-Ultrasounds can be wrong!

    I don't know about finding out the sex. I go either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is totally a personal choice. The technology is there so if you're a planner and would do anything differently, why not find out? MY personal choice (I'm 13 weeks w/ twins) is to NOT find out. I personally agree completely with pp who said with IF (particularly IVF), NOTHING IS A SUPRISE and that was hard for me to take... I don't think I would have wanted to find out anyway but now I feel even more strongly that I really want that happy suprise at the end! And, I think if one of you really really doesn't want to find out, then you might have to go with that choice.... Let us know, of course whichever way you decide!!
    -Gretch (bbfisher)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a surprise, DH wants to know....I'm sure when its my time, I'll have to give in. Don't think I won't put up a good fight though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always thought it would be nice to keep it as a surprise, but I didn't know it was going to take this long to get pg. So now I'm thinking I want to find out ahead of time. I don't know, for sure, I'll just have to wait until my time comes.

    Let us know what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sort of wanted to keep it a surprise but I think our entire family would kill us. I don't think Josh could handle not knowing for all those months either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could always do what we did. I found out and kept the gender a secret from everybody. It was my secret with the baby. It took alot of discipline on my part not to spill the beans, but I loved knowing. It felt like the perfect compromise, because we both got what we wanted. I found it easier to daydream/bond with the baby knowing her gender, but Marco still experienced the excitement of waiting until Nadia's birthday to know and was able to make the announcement to our families.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking to see how everything is going.
    I will give my vote to you and agree it is nice to know the sex of the baby ahead of time.
    Here are my thoughts on the whole knowing the sex issue.
    It is nice to be able to plan and exclude 50,000 names off your list and I don't understand the surprise argument....really! Any woman who has given birth for the first time will be in for a big surprise whether or not she knows the sex or not. The whole pregnancy/labor process is new and in my opinion quite a surprise. Most women play it out in there head again and again how they want things to go, some even write up a birthing plan....oh yes they do. What all first time mom's realize is that nothing ever goes as planned....or maybe I should say rarely. Being a parent is full of surprises and if you can have a chance to know something ahead of time to better prepare then what is holding you back? I guess I am the typical Type A when it come to planning/organizing and I think that is plenty okay and lets face it being able to plan for a boy or girl's room is so much more fun then getting everything in yellow/green. I guess I'll shut up now because I really could go on forever and ever.

    So keep me posted on the sex!

    xoxoxo, Erin

    ReplyDelete