Monday, May 11, 2009

Miss me?


Between working, sleeping and resting I have been very lazy.
There, I admit it.

I've been growing and am proud to report that I have a little belly.
And according to the ER doctor I waited 4 hours to see on Friday, measuring at 16 weeks...

Let me explain.
This Friday, I was feeling some sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen. Between these pains I felt a dull ache. I called the doc and he had me come in. Long story short, he told me that I have a small polyp on my cervix, which can cause "some irritation". As the day went on the pain got way worse. As I was resting at home, I was in such horrible pain that I literally had tears. It felt like when my cyst ruptured EXCEPT that it was not constant. It was coming and going.
Upon seeing me in tears, Jesse took me to the ER.
After 4 hours of pain (and a really cool Ultrasound!), the ER doc said there was nothing wrong with me. He went along with the polyp theory.
My theory?
SEVERE Round Ligament Pain. It comes and goes. I think when my uterus decides it needs to stretch, my pain is on a higher level then the average preggo. I think I hurt more due to my endo adhesions not being able to strech like a regular muscle.
So, that is the story.

Other than this string of events, I have nothing much to report other than Jesse thinks this kid is going to walk out on its own. He was such a proud papa when they said the baby was measuring large... too cute.

Well, that is all I got for now.
As things move along, I'll keep you all informed.

8 comments:

  1. Liz,

    I love your belly!! I'm sorry you've been in so much pain, but it's all worth it in the end. Let me know if you need anything. When you're up for it I'd love to stop by with Nadia. Miss you. Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you have been in so much pain. I hope it will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your pain goes away soon! Glad your little one is growing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute belly! I hope the pain goes away soon! 16 wks already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww too cute! Its about time you posted a pic! So you guys decided you were going to find out the gender right?? When is your gender u/s?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we missed you Liz! Cute belly pic...glad you found out everything was growing fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the pain. I've heard that if you had endo your round ligament pain is worse than for other people. I've been feeling it since 9 weeks but it's not too horrible.
    Cute belly pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mommy-to-be!!!

    It was so great to see you and Jesse. It really sucks to be far away from everyone...even though Oregon is beautiful and very family-friendly.

    I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain. I am glad that Jesse took you in to see the ER doctor just to make sure everything was okay. Now you have to take care of yourself and the future Zamudio baby!!!

    I love the pic...baby looks like he/she is coming along fine! I am glad Jesse is a proud daddy of his future football player (unless he is a she).

    Keep the posts coming. We miss you both!

    Love, Sandra, Phil, & Tanner

    ReplyDelete