Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sooooooooooo,

The anesthesiologist came in and had me slouch to get my epidural. Very easy. I felt my legs the whole time, I can't say the felt normal but they were there.

At this point I felt SO relaxed. It had been so long since my body was fully relaxed. So there I was, stoned on the epidural chatting with hubby (for maybe 45 minutes) when the nurse came in to check me. She told me I was 7cm. She called the doc in, he checked me and told me I was 5cm. WHAT??? The doc and the nurse were bickering over who was right and the doc told us he would be down stairs in the lounge waiting for the call. He figured it would be later around dinner time.
The nurse said that the doc told her to start Pitocin as he thought I was at 5cm, she put it on the slowest drip because she swore I was 7cm.

Then I started feeling intense pressure down there and a feeling that I needed to push. Hubby got the nurse, who called the doc. At this point I was holding back.

The doc came up to check me, 10cm!! Ready to go.
Doc and nurse started suiting up. All I can say is that I am so happy I got the epidural before I felt serious pain because the pressure was so intense. I can only imagine what it would feel like without the epidural. Mentally I was getting ready for a long time of pushing, but it was only about 20 minutes and my little guy was here. 2:48pm.

Ohhh, little one calls.
Moooooooooo!

2 comments:

  1. Ya-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be so happy. Post a pic when you can so I can see the little guy!Congratulations Liz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story. Congratulations!!! Enjoy your little one :)

    ReplyDelete