Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Injection Report

Pops and I went to Kaali Institute this afternoon. On the way there all I could hear was a friend's voice (initials BK) in my head saying: "Ewww, no way! Call a taxi." Between the bus and the metro she'd have a full blown germ-a-phobe meltdown.

Believe me Im not touching any of the handrails if I don't have to. All I cared about today was getting my million dollar medication to the clinic so the nurse could show me how to administer - in other words inject myself!

And ya know what? Not bad AT ALL.

The needle is super sharp and the more I think about it, I may just do it myself.

Also it seems that I've found a sleep schedule! I doze off at about 8PM, wake-up at midnight. Fall asleep again at 5AM then wake around 8. At least Pops is cheery in the morning while making coffee (tea for me) and talking ceaselessly in Hungo...blah blah blah this & that blah, blah, blah...and I'm still only half awake. Then when he stops for air I fall back to sleep until around noon.

As I write this Pops is snoring like a bear in the woods. I'm considering sticking a breath-right strip on his nose right about now.

I don't have much else to report except that I'm catching up on 'Moonlighting' and the original 'CSI' (in Hungarian) on DVD. Oh and I'm half-way through 'Eclipse'. It makes me miss The Stig even more. Speaking of, WHERE IS MY STIG? It sounds like he's busy tormenting his coworkers. No worry girls, I (happily) take on the abuse shortly.

It's time to get back to reading. My dad's one man snore-fest can serve as a soundtrack. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Over and out.

8 comments:

  1. I should have sent you with a germ package, to include anti-bacterial and wet wipes. At least you can stand on the bus or subway... in a taxi (which coincidentally gross me out unless I am drunk) I sit hunched over so my hair doesn't touch the seat and I keep every bare surface of myself free and clear of the dirty car. I am a loon :) So tho it may surprise you, I say take the bus or subway, but use your sleeve to hold onto the poles or railing, then make sure not to touch that same sleeve to your face.
    Glad the shot went well and I am confident you will just do fine on your own... You are a bad ass hungo girl.
    Buzz Buzz bee in the bonnet.

    ~B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babe!

    I'm done packing. It's 8:30pm and I'm finishing a bottle wine while watching my Rambo dvd that the mailman deliverd today.

    It is the greatest movie ever made. That's all I have to report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I almost forgot:

    "Some say that his left eye is robotic...others say he knows only two facts about ducks...and both are wrong....all we know is he is called The Stig."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What is going on with "The Stig"? He sounds like he needs you quick =) Rambo....really? Glad to know all is well with the shot and your man is on his way.
    xoxo, good night for me, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps,,, breath right strips are worth a try for sure. E

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, now I've put in 'Big Lebowski' to watch for what must be my 134th viewing since 1999. Hey, I wrote a paper on this film that helped me graduate - thanks U of A!

    And, for the record, Rambo (2008) is awesome Erin. I'm sure your esposo would agree. When you move back to SoCal I'm coming over w/ my dvd and a bag of Fritos so baby 'O' can watch Rambo.

    I'll be landing in Budapest at 6pm Friday. Please be there as I don't want some cab driver robbing me, then dumping me off at the Slovakian border.

    Mark it zero dude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see the inject went fine!! I'm sure you will be able to do them on your own with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude. It's 8:02pm your time. According to you your just dozing off. By the time I finish this writing you'll be dreaming about the Euro rondevous with your man tomorrow. Enjoy the REM state. Sun is out today, Cold front has blown through. Todays' high, 76 degrees. : ) New boss just left (he is WAY cool !). Soo happy bout dat! Take good care with those needles.

    ReplyDelete