Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mari Winsor is my friend

well kinda.
Anytime my pops leaves me alone for a longer than 15 minutes (so far, twice) I break out the Winsor Pilates DVD and "work my buns and thighs".
Glad I hauled that yoga mat from the other side of the globe.
It sure feels good after going to grandmas to eat.
She made enough food for at least 8 people. Pops ate enough for 3. I ate for one. And we brought tupperware to take the rest.
I Love grandmas cooking!
She made:
chicken soup with pasta
blood sausage, kolbasz, pork ribs and red cabbage.
Potatoes cooked in the fat of the above.
Another thing about Hungos: We don't eat light.
Seeing grandma was nice. Although I do see that she has not taken the diet my mom puts her on while she is in SoCal back to Hungary with her. That's ok, I figure as long as she has an appetite she is happy.
The Stig had me bring her a couple of gifts, which she loved. A VHS copy of GoldenEye and pictures from our wedding. Yeah, I know. The wedding was over four years ago but it is better late than never.

Today Pops and I went to the bank and then went to his work to introduce/re-introduce me to his co-workers. After that we went to a little restaurant called 'Kis Harang'. It means 'Little Bell'. I think I'll take the Stig there. He would like it, I think.
I am ready to do the happy dance when he arrives in the airport. I can't wait to see him. Just thinking about him being here so soon gets me giddy!

As for tomorrow, I will head over to the Kaali Institute to get my first shot.
I opened the meds in the fridge today, just to take a gander. It doesn't look that scary and I think that I am over my jet-lag enough this time to remember how the nurse does it so that I can do it myself. Although I might take advantage of the nurse until Friday. Saturday and Sunday I will have to do it myself.

I am excited for Thursday too. I am going to visit my brother-from-another-mother and his wife and baby. They are such a cute little family and I love them dearly. They have been a great help in supporting me through all of this. I can't wait to see them.

Well, that is all I have to report today. I'll let you all know how the injection goes. And hopefully the hormones won't turn me in to an evil, crazy lady.

Thinking about you all in the US and I will talk to you all soon!

8 comments:

  1. omg Liz...Grandma's cooking sounds DELISH!! You know how much I LOVE that hungo food...

    Last night I update Lee on your progress thus far...and he said to send his LOVE and let you know that hes thinking of you guys as well...THEN he hits me with..."ohhh do you think she will bring back that yummy candy again?" I couldnt help but laugh! You know Lee..always thinking of FOOD!

    I'm so happy that Jesse will be there soon! I know he misses you just as much! You guys are such a FANTASTIC team!!

    Love you!!!
    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having fun and all is well. Glad you're gonna see Jesse soon! Minh called me today cause she is having Liz witthdrawals!! We're going to get coffee tomorrow night and discuss the saga :) My email buddy (YOU) is gone so I'm having my own withdrawals as well. Work is even more boring now. It's so much fun to be kept in the loop of it all :)


    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are keeping busy which is good. Wow...Phil and Grandma should hang out! He would not only appreciate the food but he would definitely appreciate that she cooks for 8 when there aren't even half of that eating and he would mostly appreciate the cooking of additional foods in FAT! ha ha!!!

    So glad that Jesse will be joining you soon. Even more glad that Jesse found someone his equal (we were worried there for a bit before you walked into his life and heart). Hope his presence there will not only make your heart smile but bring you more luck.

    Love hearing about the journey...can't wait to continue hearing more about the adventures you and Jesse are embarking on...love you both.

    love, Sandra, Phil, & Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you, good call on the restaurant! All positive reviews. We shall eat there. I can taste the vineyards of Eger now. Or is that a Fanta bottle with a hint of musky cave?

    "Some say that he thinks the credit crunch is some sort of breakfast cereal, all we know is he is called The Stig."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like home cookin'! Your shots will be a breeze, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, who doesn't like Grandma's cookin'. I can easily put back 5 lbs of that a day, before diner. Good luck with the aftermath of that 1st shot. (I took a phlebotomy class years ago, but got tired of sticking people. So I swithced to IT. ...don't ask for a logical explination). I'm sure you'll do fine. Then again we may like your evil, crazy side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad The Stig will be in your arms soon... we don't know what to do with him here at BV! He's not quite himself and I really don't care what he says, but he's been so misereable and pissy since you left! LOL! It's great to see him trying to be "normal" through all of this as work doesn't seem to get his mind off any of this!

    Know that the gals here at BV give him a hard time to keep him going and can't wait to see a great positive outcome.

    By the way, I love the blogs, even if The Stig thinks they're too long! :)

    -Margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for Grandma's!! You are a tough cookie so I know that once you do the shot a couple of times it will be a breeze. I am also anticipating the Stig's arrival for you and I am sure he wishes he could be there with you right now =)
    I have to say you are an inspiration with your workout schedule. I myself would take this opportunity to pig out, sit on my ass and enjoy that beautiful city but not you. No, you brought your Yoga mat and have visions of working on that rock hard body of yours? More blood sausage, kolbasz, pork ribs and red cabbage....please?

    xoxoox, Erin

    ReplyDelete