On this trip, as a distraction, I was focused on finding the cheapest beer in Europe, or at least Hungary, and believed I'd I found it. Where? Tesco, the UK-based supermarket not unlike WalMart. However, my victory party was short-lived as Liz's dad laughed at me and swears there exists even cheaper beer.
I demanded answers and specifics as to where one could acquire this mythical, lousy beer.
Until Liz's dad's reaction I was content with my victory. I'd paid 109 Forint for the Tesco beer - 48 cents USD. Liz's father claims that outside Budapest, near our little (I do mean little) house by the river, I can buy a particularly crappy beer for 99 Forint which comes to...hold your breath... 44 cents! In the words of General D. Mac Arthur: "I shall return."
In the meantime I'm home now and my beautiful wife is faraway enduring all of this IVF business. She's tougher than me, that much I know. I sure married the right one.
HAHAHAH!
ReplyDeleteLove you Shug!
I'll see you soon and I'll blog about how many gappy eggies there are.
Tee Hee!
Dudes. $.50 beer, self injections, grandma's food, ...sounds like a 70's flashback to me. Any tie-die hippies in VW's sighted? Gappy eggs, now that takes funny to a place i've never known. Sure looks like the right two married, my 18th aniv is 2 weeks away.
ReplyDeleteThe picture makes it even more appealing.
ReplyDelete