Saturday, January 24, 2009

3AM Showers and The Crunchy Towels

Showering in a space the size of a small telephone booth (we americans are so spoiled) in the wee hours of the morning is fun!

I didn't leave the apartment all day. I helped my pops re-organize the place. Let's just say it's obvious there are no ladies hanging out here (for long periods of time, anyway).

This whole jet-lag thing is a blast. Everyone sleeps while I'm wide awake. I fell asleep at around 11pm and then BAM I'm awake at 2:00. I tried reading but my mind was racing too much to really get in to the 'Eclipse' book. Only on chapter five. I figure a chapter a day.

I pulled out my sleep shades. Nope. So now I'm blogging about 3AM showers and crunchy towels which, in case you're wondering, are due in fact that not many people here have dryers which means everything is hung out to dry. When it's winter and/or you live in the city where you don't have a place to hang your clothes in the sun everything comes out crunchy. My husband just loves it!

Also, due to the icy reception of my thermal spa yearnings by those in my family, I won't be going to any of the world famous spas. Booooo. Oh well, it is not the end of the world. Acthung! Der spa ez verboten!

Note: Spas here are actually thermal baths and most do not use chlorine.

All I can say now is I'm ready for 'The Stig' to arrive. I miss him terribly. He is so dreamy. And by the time he gets here, my jet-lag will be done and his will start. I figure as long as we are in balance with this treatment, that is all that matters.

Well, I suppose I'll go hang out on WebMd and kill some time.

Oh, before I go, I have to say THANK YOU so much for every one of the comments. I swear I check in all the time and I am so happy to see more. You guys make me laugh... chartered jets and magic wand smiley faces. Good stuff.

OK, I'll check in soon.
From the Motherland - Over and Out.

12 comments:

  1. Hello Liz. We are more than glad to hear that things are going well so far. It seems like you took the biggest step...making this commitment and getting there! We know how strong and determined you and Jesse are so that in itself will guide you.

    It is fun reading about all your experiences in Hungry...probably the closest we will get to actually being there, unless...do they have a football team Phil can coach???

    Goo luck with the crunchy towels...I am on Jesse's side...towels should be soft and fluffy...

    Love, Sandra, Phil, & Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz,
    It's 11 pm oak park time, 8 am for you, sounds like cold cruchy towels is a blast, reminds me of camping!! Enjoy the next couple days, till those ovaries get loaded up with eggs, they start to feel like they will explode, sit softly!!!! Sleep as much as you can, it is a powerful way to heal and prepare your body for stress. I will check everyday! Love ya , you little Hungarian chickie!!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I can totally relate to the small showers and crunchy towels! My husband had a fit in Sweden when he realized he couldn't turn around in the shower and that my grandparents did not own a dryer or air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I am having flashbacks to the days we had a motorhome. I was a teenager and of course HAD to shower to pick up on some hot wood
    booger-y guys. So I would cram myself (and my boobs) into a 4 ft square shower. SO WORTH it. I am glad you aren't going to the spa, I am sure you can imagine what is going through my mind right now... no chlorine! Besides a "spa" is where you get bitched out by the spa manager for throwing your wrong-sized slippers at someone... you hostile little bitch :)
    ~Breann~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all is going well. The Pages of South Pas are rooting for you both. We look forward to more posts! Can't wait to see the two of you again. We still on for drinking and virtual driving for JZ's birthday?? Much Love, J & W

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so spoiled aren't we. Everything is so convenient for us. I hope your jet lag is over now because you need your rest. You need to learn how to turn that thing off girl! Adam has the same problem....he lets his mind wander around when he should be sleeping. Maybe you aren't drinking enough? Are you aloud to be doing that or is that a no-no right now? I hope I am not getting myself in trouble...=) I think wine is my miracle drug......I am sure you can imagine but it has gotten me through some serious times and still does...LOL

    xoxooxo, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stuffing my suitcase with soft, pliable american towels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved being able to read what you are up to. Keep it up and take care of yourself and my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm practically a doctor now because of WebMd. By far one of my favorite websites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scott mentioned you had a blog going and I was so interested in seeing how you're doing. I admire your strength and am quite amazed with your journey. You and Jesse are in my thoughts. :)

    --Regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how detailed your stories are and all the updates you're giving us. Glad everything is on the up and up at the Dr.'s so far!!

    I hear you on those small European showers. :P

    Stick with The Eclipse...I'm halfway through Breaking Dawn and it's getting even juicier :)

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Us spoiled? NOOOOO....well at least not me!! lol...ugh, can I just tell you how much I miss talking to you!!! Although I have to admit, your blogs are soooo great and detailed, its like we're talking on the phone right now!!
    xo
    Ilene

    ReplyDelete