Ten days to go and I'm freaking out a little.
Soon I'll board a plane and take the first step of a miracle process called In Vetro Fertilization or IVF.
Nervous about: the hormone treatment, packing, the long flight, stressing out family in the states, my job while I'm gone (and when I get back), meeting my doctor for the first time, being away from my friends & family, giving my own injections...
In the past three years my husband and I have gone through:
Two months of taking clomid
A cyst rupture
A Laparoscopy and D&C in September'07
A Diagnosis of Endometreosis and Fibroids
Six months of a drug called Lupron (forced me into menopause)
Six more months of trying and hoping
Two more months of clomid
Three more months of trying and hoping
Nothing.
After all that, we went to see an RE (fertility specialist). This doctor informed us our best bet is IVF. I was sobbing the entire time. Soon after which a nurse came into the office and explained the financial details. $10,000 for one cycle. If it fails, oh well. You're out 10K. Sign here.
Thanks but no thanks.
So...
I researched the motherland. Hungary. Turns out they have an institute that does IVF for half the price by doctors who've trained in the US and their success rates are among the highest anywhere.
I sent the doctor my entire medical history along with my husband's blood work and various test results.
My first appointment is set.
Our tickets are booked.
I've started packing.
This is our journey.
I'm freaking out.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
szia Bönyike.Már nagyon várlak.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys! Thank you for letting us share in this wonderful journey with you. The universe is a vast space with lots of opportunity.
ReplyDeleteLast year miracles happened for me and my family so I know first hand what having hope is like. Give over your hope, love and will for a family and let the miracles just happen.
I believe in this and have absolute faith in life's process.
Love you, Erin & Adam
To my One and Only,
ReplyDeleteI'll be with you every step on the way.