In less than 24 hours I'll be at the airport kissing my husband goodbye. I'll probably be crying. Actually, I will be crying.
In fact, while writing this I just looked up with tears streaming down my face and my husband says to me: "Stop crying you wuss."
This, of course, made me burst out in laughter. He loves me and I know it. He loves me enough to choose me as the mother of his child. He always knows how to make me laugh.
Anyway, we've chosen to take this journey step-by-step, moment-by-moment. We don't spend any time speculating. We don't get too excited or too skeptical. Instead we're hopeful and prayerful and whatever happens, well, happens.
Speaking of hopeful; this time next year, I could be cradling a two month old.
Or, two-month-old twins. Holy Cow!
Then again, maybe not. That's what makes this a journey, not a story. We don't know how it's going to end.
I'm ready. I'm strong.
Like the detergent says; Small & Mighty
I work a half-day tomorrow then come home and get ready to sit on an plane for twelve hours. Then I have a four hour layover and another flight which will take two hours.
Thursday night I get into Budapest where my dad will be waiting for me with a taxi. We'll stay up all night talking, sharing, squeezing six months of " I missed you" into three weeks time.
Friday morning I meet my doctor for the first time at 1400 (whatever time that is) to get an ultrasound. In preparation for that event I got a pedicure this afternoon. It's always good to have cute toes when your 6,000 miles from home, your legs are up in the air and your lady-bits are on display for a strange doctor to gander at.
I'll have all the medication explained to me that day. I've heard it's not as scary as it sounds.
Then it's another ten days of waiting for the medication to stimulate as many eggs out of me as possible and at about that time I'll get to see my husband again! I am looking forward to that day. I miss him already.
One part of this trip I'm looking forward to is my stay at a (very) nice hotel in Munich on the way home. It was my husband's idea. While there I'll be doing just what I've been told to do so many times over the past three years:
"Just relax."
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe it will bring you comfort to know that you won't be the only one crying when it comes to your posts. I am crying now... but then again I AM a big fat baby!
ReplyDeleteMy fingers have been crossed for you for many years now and my thoughts are always with you. I pray this time things will work and that a month from now you will see a + and not a -. You are doing all that you can and the rest is out of your hands, whatever will be, will be. Have faith and relax... LOL yeah right. Be as anxious as you want to be, as selfish as you want to be and as greedy as you want to be.
I will think of you every day (and probably cry too).
Breann
I miss you already and you're not even gone!! Got me crying too Liz!! I know this has been a looooonnnnggg road for you two and believe everything happens for a reason! Stay strong and know that the Mandells are always here for you guys! I am praying for you guys, and you know I will be checking this blog 10-15 times a day, as this will be the longest you and I will have gone not talking to each other on the phone!!! Geez, everyday my cig buddy!!!
ReplyDeleteI love you!
Friends sweeten life's pleasures and soften life's sorrows. No matter what the outcome of this journey you're on you know you have a ton of friends and family who love and support you.
ReplyDeleteI hope you started book three, "The Eclipse" on the plane. I expect you to be done with the saga when you return :)
Now...I didn't know you were stopping in Munich. I know you won't be able to drink alcohol, but I hope you two are going to the Hofbrauhaus....check out
http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/hofbraeuhaus.html or http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/index_en.html
Hope you had a decent plane ride! Miss you!
Misty
Hi Liz. We are so glad that Jesse shared this website with us. We will be checking it out to read all your updates. We will be praying for you both and keeping you close in our hearts. Take care and best wishes for everything.
ReplyDeleteLove, Sandra, Phil, & Tanner
Hey Liz,
ReplyDeleteBreann gave me your website, hope thats OK. You know I have been thru many of the same things as you, trying and trying, ulrasounds, shots, waiting and a lot of crying. I know your pain, I feel your pain.I am sorry that things have gone this way. I wish it were different. I wish I could take your pain away. I will think of you constantly, please know that I wish you luck, I send you Love.
Carol
I'm so excited for you guys! I'm gonna check in everyday. I'll be thinking about you two and keeping my fingers crossed!
ReplyDeletePS- I'm right there with you about the cute toes. I got mine done too when I knew there was a pretty good chance I was gonna be buck naked with a bunch of swedish women at a community pool. :)
xo
Jenn & Peter
Hi Liz & Jesse,
ReplyDeleteI love that expression "lady bits"!
We got back from our trip late on Monday and finally have life at home some what back to normal.....whatever that means =) I am so glad we had a chance to hang out even if it was for only a short time.
I think you both have a great perspective on this endeavor your are on. I admire your bond to one another and think that you two really have something to celebrate.......you're LOVE to one another has a way of bringing peace to this sometimes chaotic world we are blessed to live in.
Liz, please lean on your dad & family for support while you are away from Jesse. It is necessary to not try and have a "do-it-all" perspective right now. Be free to let your soul guide you in whatever direction it may take you....you are a beautiful woman that can do and accomplish anything.
xoxoox, Erin