
So this morning I woke up and got a ride from my buddy and his mom (who no doubt is my other mother) and we headed to the clinic.
I checked in and was met by the doc where he did an ultrasound to check out all my follicles. After that I was led to an upstairs room where I changed in to a lovely rear-opening gown, booties and a fancy cafeteria-lady hat. In the operating room I hopped on the table, the anesthesiologist put a needle in my arm and the next thing I know POOF I am laying out in the operating waiting room.
After about 20 minutes I climbed in to a lazyboy chair where they gave me tea and cookies. YUM. Once the nurse felt that I could walk on my own, I changed back in to my clothes and went back downstairs to meet with the doc. He got thirteen eggs!
Doc told me not to get too excited because just because they had so many eggs doesn't mean that all of them will be fertilized. So I am awaiting a call tomorrow morning from the doc to tell me how many are on their way to being embryos. Upon that call he will tell me when I should go in for the transfer. It is looking like Wednesday or Thursday.
So far so good.
Over and Out.
Thirteen???? Holy cow, don't do what the dippy doodle over here did and have six implanted. She ended up with eight as two divided into twins. She already has six at home, is umarried and lives with her parents!!! How many do they allow you to implant over there? Thirteen is a lot, you did good!! Your gonna be achin' all over. Here's to twins!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Happy to hear the good news. Maybe you should have 13, then you can put YOUR tax dollars to work and live off the government! You could be like a dog with a litter of children! We are eating at Mastros for dinner, so I will stuff myself for you.
ReplyDelete~B~
Could you please give birth to a football team? Thats eleven boys please. Yes girls can play but not at the level I desire.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blogs and am happy everything is going well.
Wow! Thirteen eggs! That is awesome! Can't wait to hear what happens next...all great things from here on out. We will be praying for you, Jesse, and your future football team.
ReplyDeleteXOXO...Sandra, Phil, & Tanner
P.S. You know Phil will be recruiting them early so once, they are in you, you must feed them well
13 is awesome Liz! Congrats! Can't wait to see how many fertilize. Hopin all 13! You're in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThey got a baker's dozen outta you! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteJo reggelt!
ReplyDeleteNice work w/ the eggs hun.
Get it? Hun!
Never mind an entire football team, with your height I'm hoping for a Safety (American football)or a Midfielder (the 'other' football).
OK, getting ahead myself. One step at a time...
I just had another thought!!!! Do they freeze embryos there? Maybe you could have some shipped home, for later use. Awe, you have probably already thought of that. I don't think I ever got to 13, maybe 10 or 11. Ouch!!!! Bre and I are constantly BLA, BLA, BLAing about your experience. You know we are praying, well maybe not her, but I am.
ReplyDeleteLove Ya,
Carol
Keeping my fingers crossed for you and those little eggs . . . hoping for lots of little embryos!!!
ReplyDeleteStef
Yay!! Can't wait for the FERT report! Get some rest!
ReplyDeleteDude. Lucky 13. Chill time for you. I'm anxious for your next report.
ReplyDeleteDear Liz,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! I've been following your progress for days, and am glad to learn from your Mom today that two fertilized eggs will be implanted, and the rest that are fertilized will be frozen for the future. Hurray!
Blessings and prayers for you and your embryos,
Amy Rosenbaum
Lucky number 13!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Wow, 13 is great! Check out our usual message board, you're the WOW this week. :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear the good news!!! I am anxious to hear as well.
ReplyDeletexooxoxo, Erin