Monday, February 9, 2009

Adios Russian Metro



Russian Metro Cars are being replaced. It was fun while it lasted. Six months from now they'll be retired and new fancy ones will be introduced. As for me, I like the old ones. I've been riding them around since I was a little kid and now that I am trying to have a little kid, they're being retired.

Well, I know you all wanted to hear more IVF news BUT Internet was down all day here yesterday! It was terrible. Man, it felt like I was back to the dark ages!

Here I was freaking-out excited to report back on the number of eggs that fertilized and I couldn't communicate with anyone! Annoying.

Thank goodness for the international b.lack.ber.ry. or else I'd been totally cut off.

So, (drum roll, please) here's the update:

I got the call from the doc yesterday morning that five of my eggs fertilized! Doc says there could be more in the coming days and that he'd call me on Wednesday morning to give me the final count and grade of each one.

We will transfer two and freeze the rest that qualify. The frozen ones will live at the Kaali Institute until I return for them. That way if we want siblings or this round is not successful the embryos will be in waiting, ready to be implanted. And if that happens, I'll be riding on the new metro.

I'll report back soon.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great Liz! Your ET will be here soon. YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Liz! :) I know I could comment on the board, but I like coming here for the pics!

    A day w/o internet?!?!? =^O Why don't they just cut off the oxygen supply too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. No Internet, the HORROR! 5 fertilized, woohoo. Jess, nice shootin' Tex. Let's hope for A's on the grades. I hope they only took the gappy ones. I've been wondering what the gappy little boy would look like. Hopefully we will all find out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo fertile turtle. I am keeping my fingers crossed and thinking about you at least once an hour every day... except for at night, cuz I am sleeping, LOL.
    ~B~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Liz! Can't wait to hear how your ET goes. Bring on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo AWESOME! This is great news. xoxoxo Erin

    ReplyDelete