Monday, February 2, 2009

So Far, So Good



Monday we toured a bit of the city with friends from home who are in town for few days kicking off a wintery European vacation. Brave souls. It's great having them here, but, sadly for us, tomorrow they'll move westward to Vienna, then on to Prague and finally to Paris. Not a bad tour, eh?

One of our stops was at St. Stephen's Basillica where I lit a prayer candle for our little IVF embryos. It's an amazing place which took fifty years to build and this sorry little photo does it absolutely no justice. Oddly enough St. Stephen's 'holy' right hand is kept, petrified, in a gold encased glass box that one must hand over 200 Forints (85 cents) to illuminate. Otherwise you have to look at a 500 year old hand in the dark. Seriously.

Official IVF Update...We took the metro/bus ride to the clinic where The Stig got to meet The Doc. My ultrasound showed one mature ready-to-go follicle (which won't get used) and at least six follicles measuring 11MM and another two at 10mm.

All good news as it means I'm responding to the stimulation medication very well.

Also, I was given an injection of Citratide to prevent natural ovulation. I have to inject that one along with Gonal-F. This means two shots per day BUT hopefully only for two days. We'll go back Wednesday to see how the follicles are progressing towards the 15MM target as well as to schedule egg retreival for either Friday or Saturday.

10 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful pic! I was starting to wonder about your progress!! Although, I fig you were busy w/DH. ~wink~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you said what the "target" was...I had NO idea what 11mm meant, and now I know it has to get to 15mm...seems like your body is doing exactly what its supposed to! I am so happy for that!

    Love the pic of J when he arrived..too cute!

    miss you...
    xoxo
    I

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this talk of embryos and injections, it's like Trainspotting meets Look Who's Talking. I am uber happy about your progress. If I know something about IVF and I like to think I do, everything sounds promising. Glad to hear you are spending your down time with friends and viewing illuminated petrified human remains. Bring back pictures, a nephew, and a shot glass. Thanks. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy things are progressing well! Hope everything goes great this weekend with the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo! What about the stretchy?
    I am so happy to hear things are going so well and can't wait for next week!

    LUV
    b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can the Stig bring me back one of Grandma's beers? Glad to read things are going well. Come on follicles!! -W in South Pas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude. Put me down for a shot glass too! Seriously. Got some news last night. My cousin, 44 yrs old, had IVF done. She had a son 5 months ago. They still have 12 frozen embryos left and are getting ready to go again. Your meds sound like they are working. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so so glad to hear that things are going well. Glad to hear that you and Jesse are having a grand time with all your friends, Grandma, and beers (at least for Jesse). Love the updates and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Love to you both!

    XOXO,
    Sandra, Phil, & Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI, GLAD TO HEAR EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL AND YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR STAY.
    TAKE CARE BOTH OF YOU. LOVE YOU,MOMMOM

    ReplyDelete