Friday, February 13, 2009

Treatment Complete



OK, there are two embies with me and the rest will live in the building above.

Out of the 13 eggs, 11 fertilized, 8 of good quality.
The quality of embryos are graded from 1 to 4 w/ four being perfect.
Doc told me that he rarley sees a grade 4 and my eight were all graded a '3'. Nice.
So, two were transfered (which was easy peasy), and 6 were frozen for later.

I really wish I could bring my doc home with me. He really has been the best and this coming from someone who has been to five OBYGNs and one RE in the U.S. Hands-down my euro-doc, Dr. Kovacs, and his team win. Dr. Kovacs is so attentive and very understanding to the sensitivity of infertility. He and everyone at Kaali Institute exceeded my and my husband's expectations.

For anyone suffering from infertility, and is considering IVF, I highly recommend they look into Kaali Institute...especially after adding up what we've spent versus what we'd would've spent at home, it's really worth considering.

I'm resting for the rest of the day and about to finish the first season of 'Mad Men' with pops.

Thanks for all of the prayers, thoughts and comments. They are very much appreciated and I read through the comment section (sometimes several times) often, it's been helpful.

I'll be home soon.
Until tomorrow. Bye!

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I was so pleased with all the folks at Kaali. Very nice place which rivals anything here in the States.

    No matter what happens in two weeks, when we learn the results, I'm glad we did this in Hungary and with this particular group. It's a rare and wonderful thing when expectations are not only met but overwhelmingly exceeded.

    Liz and I instinctly felt the 11-to-12 thousand dollars U.S. docs were asking for was
    ridiculous although many who share our problem just hand over he money without a second thought. Why? I've no idea.

    However, for us? Prey on our emotions? No, maybe the next couple. But we just found the whole thing insulting and it pissed us off.

    The result was this experience which proves it pays to look yourself and explore a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that this was a great experience for you guys. It is sad that our medical system is what it is. Hopefully that will change drastically soon. I am just so happy that you had the resources to look elsewhere and do what you did. I will keep you all in my thoughts and I do mean all of you. Life is wonderful especially when you're able to share that.

    Lots of hugs and kisses, Erin

    ps to the stig, don't let that wifey of yours get stressed over anything and please tell her you like her ass with more meat on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are almost done with your journey out there. Make sure you keep those little suckers safe! If those stretchy pants get too tight you might cut off blood circulation...LOL I know you aren't gaining as much as you think you are. You feel like it I'm sure, but probably not. And if so...it's for a good cause :)

    I'm so grateful you and Jesse let us all come along on the journey and be a part of the miracle of life! I am praying for you guys all the time and putting good thoughts out into the universe. Have fun watching Mad Men....did you finish the saga yet?

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day...to you, Jesse, and the baby (or babies) growing in your tummy! We are hoping the best for you.

    We love you guys!!!

    Love, Sandra, Phil, & Tanner

    ReplyDelete